Thursday, April 22, 2010

Love in the Forest


Married ladies, what does your bedroom look like? Is it a cozy retreat for you and your husband, or is it a storage area/dumping ground for toys, papers, unfolded laundry, and the kids’ junk? I will be the first to admit that our bedroom is not a retreat, but I really want it be. It is my goal to create that type of environment because I need it, and I will go out on a limb here and say it’s biblical.

"...And the bed we share is like a forest glen. We enjoy a canopy of cedars enclosed by cypresses, fragrant and green." Song of Solomon 1:16,17  The Message

I love this verse because it tells me that an element of physical intimacy with my husband is creating an environment that facilitates that. This verse makes me think of a calming space; a retreat. Sure, he might not care, but every little bit helps, and honestly, I don’t need any extra destractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! All of your comments (non-bloggers as well) are welcome.