Sunday, January 10, 2010

All My Single Ladies...



Three of my oldest friends are 30 and single. Periodically they talk to me about how trying this can be, especially when it seems like everybody has somebody, and the way to get somebody is to throw all of your standards and godly principles to the wind. The other side of that coin is that I know of some situations in which the women in particular compromised and paid dearly. I know some situations in which women ( and to be fair, men) thought they were getting one person and ended up with someone totally different. And I don't mean learning that the person snores or is messy.


So experienced married folks, how do we encourage the single ladies in our lives? Putting "a ring on it" is not worth the heartache if you have to settle. I believe this why the Scriptures are very clear when it says "Do not be unequal yoked with unbelievers" (2 Corinthians 6:14). This scripture can apply to all sorts of situations but it is a giant stop sign for marriage. Now, some of us have made choices that don't reflect this principle, maybe because we didn't know, or maybe we chose to ignore it. If we do end up in a situation like this, the Bible tells us that if we are living holy before our spouses we can draw them to Christ (1 Peter 3: 1 & 2). The question is, how much do you have to endure before we get there?

To all my single ladies, I say hold on. The Lord hears you, know where you are, and has something fabulous in store for you. The grass might look greener, but it could be astroturf.









2 comments:

  1. I didn't even know you had a blog!! I love it! Yeah, I agree with your sound advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 Peter 1:3-4 said that His divine power has granted to us ALL things that pertain to life and godliness through the knowledge of Him...I think that it is important for us to remind not only our single sisters but also our married sisters that the Lord has equiped us and given us ALL that we need to endure and to be CONTENT in whatever situation He puts in. Heck, it will be very difficult...but I am learning through the things in the trials and sufferings that I am going through now that I have to believe that the LORD IS ENOUGH.. He wasnt just enough for Salvation but HE IS ENOUGH FOR SANCTIFICATION AS WELL... If GOD has given us the MOST (which is HIs Son dying for our sins) then HE WILL NOT HOLD BACK THE LEAST( whatever we need for glorification and santification)
    AS I continue to fight to love my husband and my child and my neighbors I have learn how true this is..Man, sisters..the Scriptures are SUFFICIENT and so IS GODS LOVE FOR US!!


    Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think! All of your comments (non-bloggers as well) are welcome.