Tuesday, November 1, 2011

72 Days.?

Kim Kardashian. Ya'll already know. I must say that I've been trying to dismiss the hoopla that I've been seeing on the magazines near the checkout counters. I've been telling myself that they can't POSSIBLY be on the brink of divorce; they just got married. Well apparently they are, according to People.com, E News (the network that airs her show), and the rest of the world.

I hope I'm not the only person who thinks this is tragic on so many levels. Even though some celebrities seem to view marriages as disposable as used toilet tissue, I always have a glimmer of hope that they might make it. Was the Kardashian-Humphries wedding just a show? Was it just a cleverly created, EXPENSIVE marketing ploy? Why do I care?

I care because I dearly love my husband of six years. Marriage is definitely not the easiest thing that I've done; he can annoy me like no one else. However, marrying this man is one of the best things I've done. I am so grateful for him, he is my best friend, and we don't have an exit strategy. Marriage is sacred; it's a commitment that our society shouldn't treat so lightly.

On a side note, how much was spent on the wedding? I know a few churches, non-profit organizations, and unemployed folks who could have used that money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! All of your comments (non-bloggers as well) are welcome.